Thursday, January 28, 2010

Listen

Today I met a new client who had a disheartening experience at on of those grand salons in Columbus. Three visits, three colors and a nothing left but dissatisfaction, my client is shared the story of her experience with me. As I am listening to her, and discussed her the challenges of her experience I couldn't help but thinking, they just didn't listen. So many time in this industry, I believe, stylists become a victim of their old ways and forget to listen to the needs of their clients. So here I am, listening, to my client and what she is really asking for was quite simple. And with the information she shared a plan was made and we are now on the way to bring her vision to life. This is a simple lesson for a lot of people. A lesson we could all use through our lives in many situations. The the next time you feel the challenges of life get a little frustrating don't forget it could be a simple as listening.

It seems to me that listening is not only the physical act but it also tells the other that you respect what they have to say, acknowledge the importance of the matter and are willing to consider more than one side to a story.

There you have it, just a small life lesson to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment